Ellis Bridals love hearing back from our brides, there is nothing more gratifying than seeing the pure joy and happiness that our Ellis Bridals wedding dresses get to be a part of. Recent bride, Britt, got in touch to tell us about her special day in her Ellis Bridals modern ballgown. In Mikado from the 2017 collection, this off the shoulder ball-gown is proof that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. With a full ballgown skirt and pockets, this is contemporary luxury at its true finest.
When and where did you meet your husband?
– My husband Parker and I met at the Far Hills Race Meeting in Far Hills, New Jersey. We were introduced by my best friend from college, who was also Parker’s best friend when growing up!
How did you know he was the one?
– I knew Parker was the one because we were initially friends and I enjoyed spending time with him. He has always supported my dreams as a small business owner and encouraged me in every way.
How did he propose?
– We are big DIY-ers and were redoing a bathroom at Parker’s lake house. He proposed while we were painting the bathroom together.
When and where did the big day take place?
– September 15, 2018 at Morris County Golf Club.
When did you start planning?
– June 2017 with our wedding planner, Adrienne O’Connor of Ruffles & Tweed.
Where did you get your dress?
– The Wedding Dress Shoppe in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Is that the sort of dress you thought you would go for or was it a surprise?
– I always knew I wanted a ball gown wedding dress and it was second one I tried on at the Wedding Dress Shoppe.
Who came dress shopping with you?
– My Mother and younger sister.
Where did you get your bridesmaid dresses?
– Lula Kate in Charleston, South Carolina.
What style of maids and groomsmen did you go for?
– Classic/traditional – the bridesmaids wore long navy dresses and the men wore black tuxedos. Parker wore a custom black tuxedo, black watch tartan bowtie, and velvet smoking loafers and monogrammed cufflinks that I gave to him as a wedding present.
How did you arrive at the ceremony?
– We were already at the golf club and I walked through the ballroom and down the entrance stairs with my Father.
Did you have anything unusual during the ceremony?
– Our ceremony was short and sweet – 10 minutes! My Father-in-Law is an amazing piano player and composed three different compositions for our prelude, entrance of the bride and recession. He wrote them based on our love story and relationship over the last four years. It was very special to us that he wanted to write music for our big day.
How did you accessorise to make your wedding day look unique?
– I wore pearl earrings, a pearl necklace and pearl bracelet that my maternal Grandmother had bought for me over the years. I also had my paternal Grandmother’s blue and white handkerchief in the pocket of my wedding dress.
What kind of food did you have? Cake?
– We decided to mix the traditional sit-down dinner and did lots of hors d’oeuvres. We had an interactive food station with make your own pasta, hand cut meats and seafood. I love desserts so we decided to do a small cake and a large dessert bar. A friend from high school is a baker and she handmade mini-hydrangea cupcakes, smores bars, chocolate covered pretzels, etc. in our wedding colours.
What tips do you have for new brides picking their wedding dress?
– Look around on Pinterest and see what you like. Listen to your gut and pick what you want. You’ll know it’s the one when you try it on.
Where were your photos taken?
– Morris County Golf Club.
What was your favourite moment from the day?
– Dancing with all our friends and family to our amazing band, The Jersey Joint. My Father’s speech was also very special.
We would love to hear from all of our Ellis Brides! If you would like to share your story please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org